I’m going this afternoon to a friend’s shrimp boil – I would say this is similar to a crab fest, or if you’re not familiar with either, I’d just call it a cookout! So of course I can’t show up empty handed (although beer always does the trick!), and thought that I would whip up some cookies that I’ve done in the past that seemed like they might fit in – Lemon Coconut Pixies. Easy to make, very “spring-like” – I’ve done these for Mother’s Day and for baby showers too.
Lemon Coconut Pixies
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (1/2 cup egg substitue works too!)
- 1-1/2 heaping teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 300°F.
2. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and lemon peel in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in coconut. Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.